Chicago Star is a media company that connects people to resources and creates impactful content.
We publish news that makes people love where they live and we create meaningful content for our clients. Our loyal and growing following includes many of the city's business, civic and philanthropic leaders.
Our clients include local organizations and Fortune 500 companies who harness our creativity and highly engaged audience to increase their brand recognition and drive revenue.
Learn more about our complete suite of services.
Let's work together
The chicago star advantage
Our community-driven content anchors our position in the markets our clients want to reach.
We leverage our extensive business and media connections to support our clients. We have a loyal and engaged following who support us and our advertising partners.
By forging an emotional connection with our audience, we’ve become a trusted voice they use to make decisions.
Our brand values help define what our company stands for. Our values are our guiding principles. They help remind us of the impact we want to make on our community in every interaction.
Meet Our Team
Editor and Publisher
Chicago Star Contributors
Additional Contributors: Susan Berkes - Writer | Joseph Cunniff, Writer | Bridget Esangga - Writer | Brennan Keller - Editor | Connie Fairbanks, Writer | Andy Frye, Writer | Troy Mairs - Producer, Video | Amanda Puck, Writer | Catie Keogh, Writer
- Alexander Pissios, President Cinespace Chicago Film Studios and Cinecares Foundation
- Amanda Puck, Director Strategic Brand Development, Mariano’s
- Bonnie Spurlock, Founder Associated Publications
- Chef Art Smith, Chef/Author/Co-founder Common Threads
- Dionne Williams, Owner/Founder of D. Williams PR Group
- Howard Tullman, General Managing Partner, G2T3V
- Israel Idonije, Founder of iF Charities
- John Robak, Chairman of the Board and CEO, Greeley and Hansen
- Julie Barrish, Philanthropist
- Lee Blackwell Baur, Philanthropist
- Sherren Leigh, Founder Today’s Chicago Woman
- Leslie Hindman, Founder Hindman Auctions
- Manolis Alpogianis, America’s Dog & Burger Franchise Systems President
- Melissa Harris, CEO M. Harris & Co.
- Michael Kutza, Founder Chicago International Film Festival
- Paul Iacono, President, Chicago Dowel Co.
- Phil Vettel, Former Chicago Tribune Food Critic
- Robert Zentner, Philanthropist
- Todd Hatoff, Former President/CEO/Owner Allen Brothers
- Tom Kehoe, Founder, Kehoe Designs
- Tracey Tarantino DiBuono, Founder ZZAZZ Productions
- Sargent M. McCormick, International Harvester