The Brashears family sold the Drake in 1989 to a group headed by the Wexler family. A new management company then ran the hotel. The Brashears did this sale through their real estate group in Oak Brook called National Realty.
- Gibsons Restaurant Group to partner with Michelin-starred Chef José Andrés in new venture
- Rosebud opens 9th restaurant today in Millennium Park
- Oak Street debuts "Lighting Up Oak Street" tonight!
- Streeterville Neighborhood Advocates partner with Chicago Sculpture Exhibit to support public art
- The origins of S-AUNT-A Claus
- Family, friends come together for virtual memorial services
- A gift guide that gives back
- Millennium Park Holiday Sing-Along at Cloud Gate
- Rosemont's AMAZE Light Festival: One million lights, Santa, train rides, tubing and more!
- Home for the holidays with Chicago Star
Syndicated radio talk show host Fred Weintraub provides commentary each week on something happening in the world that impacts America. His views are sometimes controversial, sometimes humorous but always honest. You can hear Fred each Sunday morning on “The Hannah and Fred Show at 11am. on WIMS.com or the tunein app. Catch all The Worldly Files at the WorldlyFile.com.